Interesting facts about the breed Boxer
- Is the Boxer a vulnerable breed? No they are among the most popular dogs in the USA and elsewhere in the world thanks to their devoted and loyal natures
- Boxers are a relatively new breed having been first bred in Germany in the late 1800’s
- They are descendants of the Bullenbeisser a German breed of fighting and bull baiting dog
- Boxers were also used to hunt wild boar in days long past
- There is no such thing as a “black” boxer but rather a reverse brindle
- Boxers often like to stand on their back legs and punch at the air with their front ones much like a boxer
- White Boxers are not prone to suffering from more health issues they are however like other white dogs more predisposed to having hearing issues with some being totally deaf and they are more likely to have eye issues too
- Getting a dog (6)
- Standart Boxer (32)
Drop us a line!
We won’t call you, we’ll just text or email you. We will not send you unnecessary notices in the future.